Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welcome to the world of fashion!!!... Are you ready? Here we go!

    
          

If you have passion, drive, thick skin, a killer smile, and tissues ( for those moments when you ALMOST loose it) then you can make it in the fashion industry. The glamour, cameras, front seats to the best fashion shows are Bryant Park, colors, textiles, models, parties, and designer labels are all things individuals trying to make it in New York City want. We all want to be dressed head-to-toe in our favorite designers like Rodarte, McQeen, Pozen, Chanel, and Victor & Rolf, carrying the latest fashion accessory that was just issued in Vogue's must have section. The industry may look glamourous and oh so chic, but the people who are walking Fifth Avenue in designer studs and not duds have earned their place. 
                                       
I on the other hand am still trying to secure my place in the fashion industry. I must admit I have tried making my own designer look-a-like outfits out of piles of old hand me downs and various mix and match pieces from vintage stores and even Urban Outfitters. I know that clothing and accessories are only materialistic elements to looking the part of being in the fashion industry, but I feel looking professional, not necessarily in designer clothes, is extremely important.  Case and point this is exactly why I wear red lipstick.  Although I do own some designer clothing ( most of which was purchased at vintage stores or with my old discount at Gucci where I used to work), red lipstick makes me feel alive.  When I put on that Chanel "Lover" red I know that I have my game face on and I am ready to. 
                                               

If there is one thing I can tell all you  is always be professional and ALWAYS be comfortable in your skin. I know I have not made it in this industry yet but I have learned over the past few years that Designers, Human Resources, and future employers do not want just another "Average Joe or Jane" that want someone that is fresh and new... and that can be you! Do not get all caught up in discounts, stalking celebrities, and wanting to look the part of a socialite. 
                                

Remember that being YOU is the utmost important thing in order to succeed and make in the fashion industry. Being fake or someone you are not will come out in the end so you might as well put YOUR game face on now because before you know it you are already in the arena of fashion and you better be ready!
 
FASHION WEEK starts September 10th!!!!!
Vivre vos rêves maintenant ! ( Live your dreams now)

No comments:

Post a Comment