Friday, September 4, 2009

Red Lipstick Oh la la!


It has been around for ages... Grace Kelly has worn it, our mothers and grandmothers, Starlets' on the red carpet, and now the person who has to wear it is you! I personally wouldn't dare to be without my red lipstick... only because when I put it on I feel complete. After "Pearl Harbor" came out my father obsessed about the women in the movie and how glamourous they looked... pushing my mother to wear it and emulate that essence (my mother just plain and simple hates red).

After battles with my mother to try it, she did and she choose the wrong shade and has since forgone my father's dream and disregarded red lipstick forever, opting for pink. Since red lipstick didn't suite my mother he said, why don't you try it! So I did and since then I have become an obsessive red lipstick fanatic. I have tried all shades and some had looked terrible and some have been oh so irresistible, but finally I have found my winter and summer shades. In summer I wear YSL # 17 rouge, which is a red-orange very fun and flirty and for winter Chanel "lover" a richer and deeper red. 

You maybe asking yourself whether or not you think you can pull red lipstick off but believe me you can.... AS LONG as you have the right shade.  There is nothing worse than walking down the street whether in Manhattan or in Idaho with the wrong shade of lipstick making you look like a hooker. When you do find the right shade and I am sure you will be sure to always double check your teeth. I remember onetime at Gucci when I had just finished getting in my uniform and putting on my red lipstick... confident I walked into the elevator to talk to my favorite people and a girl I didn't care for much looked at me and said : "I love your lipstick!!... but you know it is all over your teeth" she smiled and exited the elevator  with a smirk on her face as i viciously licked my teeth. AH!

SO, remember the cardinal rules... find the right shade for your skin tone, always double check your teeth, but lastly don't forget red lipstick can be worn day or night and always looks classy with black ensembles and even printed pieces. 

Etre éblouissant ! ( be glamourous!)

2 comments:

  1. I want to buy a red lipstick now!!!! hahaha HELP ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wear lover by Chanel. It's Faaaabulous, just like your blog!

    ReplyDelete