Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Mission: Secure Dream Job!


Bloggers today was the day when I discovered exactly what I want to do with my life. I have been awaiting the day that I graduate for many years…always wanting the time to fly by so I would be closer to walking across the stage to receive my diploma with that black cap and pink tassel on my head.  Well… the days have flown by and I am months away from graduating AH!!! Now has come the time where I sit up in bed night after night pondering… “now what am I going to do with my life?” No more homework…teachers….classes….tests… dreadful math course. It is as if they were all a figment of my imagination.. ( Well maybe not just yet since I am in the middle of midterms…)

Growing up with a learning disability I was always told “do your best and try your hardest”.  It was as if some people just didn’t think I could do it. Sometimes I didn’t even think I could do it.  It was always harder for me to memorize historical facts and mathematical equations but easy when I came to dance routines, theatre lines, and song lyrics. At one point I was told not to even apply for jobs like Gucci because they wouldn’t hire a college student and I should just focus on getting a summer babysitting job. Well, I accomplished that goal and since then it has been uphill but an amazing climb.

Today I met a woman who has the job I have dreamed of and embodies all the things I love and have a passion for.  This position requires teaching (something I have always been passionate about due to my learning disability), it involves fashion, textiles, product development, customer service, creativity, and most of all the passion to learn and be taught.  This job also requires traveling around the world teaching employees of Chanel the products, price points, brand loyalty, customer service, and education.  This individual resides in Paris (HELLO! YES PARIS!) and is in charge of traveling to the ends of the world where all Chanel boutiques stand. It is my mission, my goal to secure an internship with her and travel my last semester of school as her assistant  and hopefully work with her full-time.

Not only would this experience be life changing but this is the first time where I think, no I know, that this job would be perfect for me. WISH ME LUCK READERS because this is where my future begins and my career starts!

Bon Voyage! 

1 comment:

  1. (I am shock!).... I am extremely happy for you! keep it up Meg. I know you will make it happen! I know what you are capable of and I think you will be her next assistant! You are one step away! xo

    ReplyDelete