Thursday, September 3, 2009

Find a penny pick it up...



Bonjour! 
Welcome to my blog... something I never thought I would have. Let me explain something to you all... whoever you may be. I do not know how to speak french and if I type something in this blog that is in French it is because Google translations has helped me.  Also, I do not have a passport, but do have a red leather passport holder for it to go in one day. Finally, I am a fashion student in my last year and I am interning at a renowned luxury fashion house in New York City... yes, Chanel, my dream. Throughout life I have been dreaming of Paris and quite frankly sometimes I think that I am obsessed. Whether I am at the grocery market, vintage shop, stationary store, or even in someone else's bathroom there are little bits of Paris everywhere.  Throughout my Brooklyn apartment there are images, napkins, boxes, matches, and cards all with the Eiffel Tower on it. It is not that I have been lazy and haven't traveled it is because I have been focusing more on school, my career, and the worst of all not saving any of my hard earned money... that by the way is almost down to nothing.
You may be wondering what does this blog have to deal with and is this girl crazy? To clear your thoughts about me... no I am not crazy just very creative and outgoing in the best possible way. I love color and all that color embodies. I feel color is who we are as individuals and through this blog I will pick apart specific colors and trends that maybe formed all around that one beautiful hue. Also, I will occasionally be discussing vintage, specific designers whether iconic or new-age, interior design, great finds with amazing price points, and above all insight on life in the fashion industry and discovering exactly where I may fit within this industry.
You may or may not have noticed by now but I am not a very good speller and I hate spell check for one reason and one reason only.  Spell check only gives you options, options on words that appear to be spelled the way you "think" the word you are trying to type or write should look like, but in the end all fails when you choose the wrong spelling correction and you are stuck with the wrong word with the wrong meaning. For instance I just handed in a paper for Licensing and when discussing "estate licensing" I wrote "diseased person" instead  of "deceased person"... not only was I mortified by the huge red ink on my corrected homework paper but the fact that my professor announced my error to the class. JOY! So my apologizes to you all in advance! 
I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing this. Maybe this blog will keep me from going insane from poverty, desiring fashion label I cannot afford, and above all allowing me to explore every aspect of the fashion industry, as for I am the little red fish swimming round and round in my fish bowl of a world. 

Apprécier ! (Enjoy)

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog so far! I had a thought while I was reading it, for some sassy French sayings you can always use the crazy French book from Fisha Camp :)

    ReplyDelete